An apple that defies gravity and walks a tightrope — what would Isaac Newton have thought? Build a cute apple robot that walks along a tightrope. How? Thanks to the robot’s main component, a motorized gyroscope, it can maintain its balance and perform this fun trick without falling over. Through five experiments, you can discover the astonishing powers of the motorized gyroscope and explore the physics behind its amazing behaviors. Experiment with getting the gyrobot to walk on the different included tracks and on a string, investigate the gyrobot’s center of gravity, play a ring-toss game, and watch the gyrobot spin on a flat surface.
- Build a one-of-a-kind apple robot that defies gravity!
- Thanks to the robot’s main component, a motorized gyroscope, this special apple can walk along a tightrope without falling.
- Explore the physics behind this scientific device through five unique experiments that investigate gravity.
- The unique and functional design makes this an affordable, fun, and educational gift with high play value.
- The kit includes parts to build the gyrobot and experimental setups, including a track to walk around.
- By constructing the robot and performing the experiments with the motorized gyroscope unit, young engineers can learn about the science of gyroscopic devices and the indispensable role they play in our lives.
- A full-color, 8-page, illustrated experiment manual provides step-by-step assembly instructions and scientific explanations.
Piece Count: 74
Manual Pages: 8 pages
Product Dimensions: 10 x 11 x 1.4 in.
Product Weight: 0.8 lbs
Manual Dimensions: 5.8 x 8.3 in.
Batteries Required: AAA (2)
Country of Origin: Taiwan
Year Released: 2023
Purdue University’s 2023 INSPIRE Engineering Gift Guide